A lament and a Protest: Ngugi wa Thiong’o and Petina Gappah

1. Ngugi wa Thiong’o

Kenya

A disputed election, ethnic cleansing and widespread poverty – a lament for his homeland by one of Africa’s greatest writers.

Read here.

2. Petina Gappah

An Open Letter to Mbeki

Dear Mr Mbeki,

Something, call it instinct, tells me you won’t be poring over the Granta website any time soon, so I do not believe that you will read this letter.

And if by an accident of the mouse-click, you find yourself directed to this page, I do not flatter myself that my insignificant scribbling will make a dent in your legendary mulishness. But I write to you, Mr Mbeki, because I have to.

Read further.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's the Matter With Cultural Studies?

Remembering Maninder Singh Kang

You don't know (A poem by Pash)